PEG diMaleimide or PEG (Maleimide)2 reagent with superior quality specification of ≥ 90% Substitution.
PEG (Maleimide)2 (PEG diMaleimide or PEG bismaleimide) from JenKem Technology is a thiol reactive homobifunctional PEG derivative selective for thiol groups on cystein side chains. PEG (Maleimide)2 undergoes thiol PEGylation reactions with thiol-containing molecules at pH 5.0-6.5. Homobifunctional PEG derivatives from JenKem Technology have numerous applications as crosslinkers for PEGylation of proteins and peptides, nanoparticle and surface modifications. Conjugation with homobifunctional PEGs ensures an increased drug load compared to pegylation with linear PEGs. JenKem Technology offers PEG (Maleimide)2 with MW 2,000 Da (MAL-PEG2000-MAL), MW 3,500 Da (MAL-PEG3500-MAL), MW 5,000 Da (MAL-PEG5000-MAL), and MW 7,500 Da (MAL-PEG7500-MAL), in 1g and 5g packing sizes.
Different MW of PEG diMaleimide may be available by custom synthesis, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details on custom PEGs. JenKem Technology provides repackaging services for an additional fee, please contact us if you require a different package size than our catalog selection. Bulk PEGs and GMP PEGs are also available upon request. Please contact us for special bulk pricing.
1. Ozdemir, T., et al., Bottom-up assembly of salivary gland microtissues for assessing myoepithelial cell function, Biomaterials, 2017, V. 142, P. 124-135.
2. Azam, A., et al., Type III secretion as a generalizable strategy for the production of full-length biopolymer-forming proteins, Biotechnol. Bioeng. 2015.
3. Yu, W., et al., PEGylated recombinant human interferon-ω as a long-acting antiviral agent: Structure, antiviral activity and pharmacokinetics. Antiviral Research, 2014. 108: p. 142-147.
4. Tang, L., et al., Separation and detection of bis-maleimide-polyethylene glycol and mono-maleimide-polyethylene glycol by reversed-phase high pressure liquid chromatography, Journal of Chromatography A 2012, 1246, p: 117–122.
5. Soon, A.S.C., Exploiting fibrin knob:hole interactions for the control of fibrin polymerization, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2011.
6. Soon, A.S.C., et al., Modulation of fibrin matrix properties via knob:hole affinity interactions using peptide–PEG conjugates, Biomaterials, 2011, Volume 32, Issue 19, Pages 4406-4414.
Note: Starting July 2016, PEG (Maleimide)2 is the new name of the product Maleimide PEG Maleimide (MW 2,000 Da (MAL-PEG2000-MAL), MW 3,500 Da (MAL-PEG3500-MAL), MW 5,000 Da (MAL-PEG5000-MAL), and MW 7,500 Da (MAL-PEG7500-MAL)).
Founded in 2001 by recognized experts in PEG synthesis and PEGylation, JenKem Technology specializes exclusively in the development and manufacturing of high quality polyethylene glycol (PEG) products and derivatives, and related custom synthesis and PEGylation services. JenKem Technology is ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified, and adheres to ICH Q7A guidelines for GMP manufacture. The production of JenKem® PEGs is back-integrated to on-site manufacturing from ethylene oxide, enabling facile traceability for GMP regulated customers. JenKem Technology caters to the PEGylation needs of the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and diagnostics, and emerging chemical specialty markets, from laboratory scale through large commercial scale.