PEG products with additional MW may be made to order, please contact us for details
$140.00 – $560.00
PEG (Maleimide)2 reagent with superior quality specification of ≥ 90% Substitution.
PEG (Maleimide)2 (aka PEG diMaleimide, PEG bismaleimide, or MAL-PEG-MAL) from JenKem Technology is a thiol reactive homobifunctional PEG derivative selective for thiol groups on cystein side chains. PEG (Maleimide)2 undergoes thiol PEGylation reactions with thiol-containing molecules at pH 5.0-6.5. Homobifunctional PEG derivatives from JenKem Technology have numerous applications as crosslinkers for PEGylation of proteins and peptides, nanoparticle and surface modifications. Conjugation with homobifunctional PEGs ensures an increased drug load compared to pegylation with linear PEGs. JenKem Technology offers PEG (Maleimide)2 with MW 2,000 Da (MAL-PEG2000-MAL), MW 3,500 Da (MAL-PEG3500-MAL), MW 5,000 Da (MAL-PEG5000-MAL), and MW 7,500 Da (MAL-PEG7500-MAL), in 1g and 5g packing sizes.
Different MW of PEG diMaleimide may be available by custom synthesis, please email us at email@example.com for details on custom PEGs. JenKem Technology provides repackaging services for an additional fee, please contact us if you require a different package size than our catalog selection.
- He, X., et al., Intelligent lesion blood brain barrier targeting nano-missiles for Alzheimer’s disease treatment by anti-neuroinflammation and neuroprotection. Acta Pharmaceutica Sinica B., 2022.
- Day, J.R., et al., The impact of functional groups of poly(ethylene glycol) macromers on the physical properties of photo-polymerized hydrogels and the local inflammatory response in the host, Acta Biomaterialia, 2018, 67, P. 42-52.
- Ozdemir, T., et al., Bottom-up assembly of salivary gland microtissues for assessing myoepithelial cell function, Biomaterials, 2017, V. 142, P. 124-135.
- Azam, A., et al., Type III secretion as a generalizable strategy for the production of full-length biopolymer-forming proteins, Biotechnol. Bioeng., 2015.
- Yu, W., et al., PEGylated recombinant human interferon-ω as a long-acting antiviral agent: Structure, antiviral activity and pharmacokinetics. Antiviral Research, 2014, 108: p. 142-147.
- Tang, L., et al., Separation and detection of bis-maleimide-polyethylene glycol and mono-maleimide-polyethylene glycol by reversed-phase high pressure liquid chromatography, Journal of Chromatography A, 2012, 1246, p: 117–122.
- Soon, A.S.C., Exploiting fibrin knob:hole interactions for the control of fibrin polymerization, Georgia Institute of Technology, 2011.
- Soon, A.S.C., et al., Modulation of fibrin matrix properties via knob:hole affinity interactions using peptide–PEG conjugates, Biomaterials, 2011, 32:19, P. 4406-4414
Note: Starting July 2016, PEG (Maleimide)2 is the new name of the product Maleimide PEG Maleimide (MW 2,000 Da (MAL-PEG2000-MAL), MW 3,500 Da (MAL-PEG3500-MAL), MW 5,000 Da (MAL-PEG5000-MAL), and MW 7,500 Da (MAL-PEG7500-MAL)).
Founded in 2001 by experts in PEG synthesis and PEGylation, JenKem Technology specializes exclusively in the development and manufacturing of high quality polyethylene glycol (PEG) products and derivatives, and related custom synthesis and PEGylation services. JenKem Technology is ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified, and adheres to ICH Q7A guidelines for GMP manufacture. The production of JenKem® PEGs is back-integrated to in-house polymerization from ethylene oxide, enabling facile traceability for regulated customers. JenKem Technology caters to the PEGylation needs of the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and diagnostics, and emerging chemical specialty markets, from laboratory scale through large commercial scale.