Founded in 2001 by experts in PEG synthesis and PEGylation, JenKem Technology specializes in high-purity, low polydispersity polyethylene glycol (PEG) derivatives, PEG co-polymers, monodisperse PEGs, custom PEG derivative synthesis and PEGylation services. Specific strengths are supported by access to bulk ethylene oxide and the performance of all polymerizations and derivatizations in-house.
JenKem Technology supplies PEG derivatives worldwide, from R&D through GMP commercial quantities, for preclinical, clinical trials, and commercial products for pharma, biotech, medical devices, and diagnostics.
Development and manufacture of a wide range of PEG and PEG co-polymer derivatives with high purity and low polydispersity, currently in 1 gram to 40 kg or greater sized batches, under ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified Quality Management Systems, following ICH Q7A guidelines. Capable of operating under cGMP protocols for regulated customers.
Controlled manufacture of raw polyethylene glycol polymers with targeted molecular weights and functionality via the polymerization of ethylene oxide in 5kg, 15kg, 20kg, and 100kg batches, as needed, with annual capacity of over 10 metric tons of high quality raw PEGs, with a new plant that has come on stream in 2017 which also has the capability of the purification of these raw PEGs under GMP conditions if needed for even higher quality products.
Custom synthesis of activated and raw PEGs: Y-Shaped, Linear Methoxy, Homobifunctional, Heterobifunctional, Multi-arm and Multi-arm Heterobifunctional, Monodisperse (Discrete) PEGs, Biodegradable PEG Co-Polymers such as PEG-PLGA, PEG-PLA, PEG-PCL, and other block co-polymers, and PEG GPC Standards.
Custom PEGylation of proteins, peptides, oligonucleotides, and small molecules; and conjugation of PEGs to other polymer systems.
Online ordering of JenKem® catalog PEG products available on our website, with global distribution of JenKem® PEG products direct from JenKem Technology China facilities. Many research grade PEG derivatives sold through a collaboration with MilliporeSigma, listed in their catalog and on their website and identified as being a product of JenKem Technology. Large scale and GMP manufacturing offered on a custom synthesis basis, with flexibility to match customers’ specifications.
- JenKem Technology has patented many PEG-related technologies and respects the intellectual property of others. As of November 2019, JenKem Technology has 62 patent approvals (32 in China, 18 in US, 8 in Europe, 3 in Japan, 1 in Australia), 50 pending patent applications (26 in China, 12 in US, 3 in Europe, 1 in India, 1 in Brazil, 7 PCT Applications), and many other innovative technologies under development.
- JenKem Technology will file DMFs with the US FDA at customers’ request and has the capability to file for patents worldwide to protect customers’ interests.
JenKem Technology Tianjin – Site for commercial scale GMP manufacture of PEG derivatives, small scale PEG production, and R&D:
- New plant in Tianjin, China, came on stream in 2013
- Audited by numerous multi-national pharma, biotech, and medical device companies for commercial-scale PEG manufacture
- Located in the established Tianjin Economic-Technological Development Area (TEDA), a thriving area with globally recognized companies
- Neighbors include: GSK, Novo Nordisk, Wuxi, and Novozymes
JenKem Technology Panjin – Facility for PEG Raw Material Manufacture:
- New plant in Panjin, China, came on stream in 2017
- Located in the Liaoning province
- Convenient access to ethylene oxide raw material for PEG raw material production
JenKem Technology Beijing – Headquarters, R&D, PEGylation site:
- Located in New Northwest Territories Development Zone, Beijing, China
- Part of Zhongguancun Science Park
- Surrounded by numerous international companies
JenKem Technology USA – JenKem Technology’s international sales office:
- Sales, technical support, and marketing for JenKem Technology’s PEG and PEG co-polymer products, custom PEG synthesis, and PEGylation services
- Located in the Dallas, Texas area
- Serves all JenKem Technology’s customers located outside mainland China
We warmly invite our customers to audit our facilities!