PEG products with additional MW may be made to order, please contact us for details
8arm PEG Acrylate (hexaglycerol)
$80.00 – $640.00
8arm PEG Acrylate (hexaglycerol) reagent with superior quality specification of ≥ 95% Substitution.
JenKem Technology’s 8arm PEG Acrylate(hexaglycerol) HCl salt derivatives can be crosslinked into PEG hydrogels. PEG hydrogels have a variety of applications in medical devices and regenerative medicine, and are especially of interest for controlled release of drugs, for 2D and 3D cell culture, and for wound sealing and healing.
JenKem Technology’s 8 arm PEGs are synthesized by ethoxylation of tripentaerythritol (8ARM PEG(TP)) or hexaglycerol (8ARM PEG). The number of ethylene oxide units in the PEG chain may not be equal for all arms. The total molecular weight reported for the JenKem multi-arm PEGs is the sum of the PEG molecular weights of each arm.
JenKem Technology also provides 8ARM(TP)-PEG hydroxyl raw materials and PEG derivatives with tripentaerythritol core. 8ARM(TP)-PEGs with tripentaerythritol core have a higher purity as evidenced by MALDI compared with the generic 8ARM-PEGs with a hexaglycerin core.
Multi-arm star PEG products with molecular weights, branching, and functional groups not listed in our online catalog may be available by custom synthesis. lease inquire at email@example.com about pricing and availability of custom PEGs.
Bulk PEGs and GMP PEGs are made-to-order. Please contact us for bulk pricing.
- Kinney, S.M., et al., Degradable methacrylic acid-based synthetic hydrogel for subcutaneous islet transplantation, Biomaterials, 2022, V. 281.
- McKee, C, et al., Transcriptomic analysis of naïve human embryonic stem cells cultured in three-dimensional PEG scaffolds. Biomolecules. 2021, 11(1):21.
- Carleton, M. M., et al., Methacrylic acid-based hydrogels enhance skeletal muscle regeneration after volumetric muscle loss in mice, Biomaterials, 2021, V. 275
- Day, J.R., et al., The impact of functional groups of poly(ethylene glycol) macromers on the physical properties of photo-polymerized hydrogels and the local inflammatory response in the host, Acta Biomaterialia, 2018, 67, P. 42-52.
- Wei, Z., et al., 3D Printing of PEG Hydrogel Scaffolds Using Novel Low Toxicity Photoinitiator, Society for Biomaterials Meeting, 2018, poster presentation.
- Carrion, B., et al., The Synergistic Effects of Matrix Stiffness and Composition on the Response of Chondroprogenitor Cells in a 3D Precondensation Microenvironment, Advanced healthcare materials, 2016.
- Zhang, Z., et al., Synthesis of Poly(ethylene glycol)-based Hydrogels via Amine-Michael Type Addition with Tunable Stiffness and Postgelation Chemical Functionality. Chemistry of Materials, 2014, 26(12), p. 3624-3630.
Click here to download the MSDS
Founded in 2001 by experts in PEG synthesis and PEGylation, JenKem Technology specializes exclusively in the development and manufacturing of high quality polyethylene glycol (PEG) products and derivatives, and related custom synthesis and PEGylation services. JenKem Technology is ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified, and adheres to ICH Q7A guidelines for GMP manufacture. The production of JenKem® PEGs is back-integrated to in-house polymerization from ethylene oxide, enabling facile traceability for regulated customers. JenKem Technology caters to the PEGylation needs of the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and diagnostics, and emerging chemical specialty markets, from laboratory scale through large commercial scale.