PEG products with additional MW may be made to order, please contact us for details
8arm PEG Thiol (tripentaerythritol)
$80.00 – $960.00
8arm PEG Thiol (tripentaerythritol) with superior quality specification of > 90% Substitution.
JenKem Technology’s 8arm PEG Thiol (tripentaerythritol) derivatives can be crosslinked into PEG hydrogels. PEG hydrogels have a variety of applications in medical devices and regenerative medicine, and are especially of interest for controlled release of drugs, for 2D and 3D cell culture, and for wound sealing and healing. JenKem Technology’s 8 arm (TP) PEGs are synthesized by ethoxylation of tripentaerythritol (8ARM PEG(TP)). 8ARM(TP)-PEGs with tripentaerythritol core have a higher purity as evidenced by MALDI compared with the generic 8ARM-PEGs with a hexaglycerin core.
The number of ethylene oxide units in the PEG chain may not be equal for all arms. The total molecular weight reported for the JenKem multi-arm PEGs is the sum of the PEG molecular weights of each arm. Multi-arm star PEG products with molecular weights, branching, and functional groups not listed in our online catalog may be available by custom synthesis. Please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org about pricing and availability. Bulk PEGs and GMP PEGs are available upon request. Please contact us for special bulk pricing.
1. Lee, S., et al., Effects of the poly(ethylene glycol) hydrogel crosslinking mechanism on protein release, Biomaterials Science, 2016, DOI: 10.1039/C5BM00256G.
2. Zhang, W.B., et al., Extended Twilight among Isogenic C. elegans Causes a Disproportionate Scaling between Lifespan and Health, Cell Systems 2016, Volume 3, Issue 4, p. 333-345.e4.
3. Yan, X., et al., A method to accelerate the gelation of disulfide-crosslinked hydrogels, Chinese Journal of Polymer Science, 2015, Volume 33, Issue 1, pp 118-127.
4. Nguyen, M.K., et al., Sustained localized presentation of RNA interfering molecules from in situ forming hydrogels to guide stem cell osteogenic differentiation. Biomaterials, 2014. 35(24): p. 6278-6286.
5. Lee, S., et al., The effects of varying poly(ethylene glycol) hydrogel crosslinking density and the crosslinking mechanism on protein accumulation in three-dimensional hydrogels, Acta Biomaterialia, 10(10) 2014, p: 4167–4174.
Founded in 2001 by recognized experts in PEG synthesis and PEGylation, JenKem Technology specializes exclusively in the development and manufacturing of high quality polyethylene glycol (PEG) products and derivatives, and related custom synthesis and PEGylation services. JenKem Technology is ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified, and adheres to ICH Q7A guidelines for GMP manufacture. The production of JenKem® PEGs is back-integrated to on-site manufacturing from ethylene oxide, enabling facile traceability for GMP regulated customers. JenKem Technology caters to the PEGylation needs of the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and diagnostics, and emerging chemical specialty markets, from laboratory scale through large commercial scale.