PEG products with additional MW may be made to order, please contact us for details
4arm PEG Succinimidyl Carboxymethyl Ester
$110.00 – $960.00
4arm PEG Succinimidyl Carboxymethyl Ester reagent with superior quality specification of ≥ 95% Substitution.
JenKem Technology’s 4arm PEG Succinimidyl Carboxymethyl Ester (4arm NHS PEG) derivatives can be cross-linked into PEG hydrogels. PEG hydrogels have a variety of applications in medical devices and regenerative medicine, and are especially of interest for controlled release of drugs, for 2D and 3D cell culture, and for wound sealing and healing. JenKem Technology’s 4 arm PEGs are synthesized by ethoxylation of pentaerythritol. The number of ethylene oxide units in the PEG chain may not be equal for all arms. The total molecular weight reported for the JenKem multi-arm PEGs is the sum of the PEG molecular weights of each arm.
Multi-arm star PEG products with molecular weights, branching, and functional groups not listed in our online catalog may be available by custom synthesis. Please inquire at email@example.com about pricing and availability.
Bulk PEGs and GMP grade PEGs are made-to-order. Please contact us for bulk pricing.
Click here to download the MSDS
- Kim, S, et al., In situ mechanical reinforcement of polymer hydrogels via metal-coordinated crosslink mineralization. Nature communications. 2021, 12(1):1-0.
- Paez, JI, et al., Thiol-methylsulfone-based hydrogels for cell encapsulation: reactivity optimization of aryl-methylsulfone substrate for fine-tunable gelation rate and improved stability. Biomacromolecules. 2021.
- Mou, C., et al., Electrochemical-mediated gelation of catechol-bearing hydrogels based on multimodal crosslinking, Journal of Materials Chemistry B., 2019.
- Kim, S., et al.,. Enhanced water retention maintains energy dissipation in dehydrated metal-coordinate polymer networks: Another role for Fe-catechol crosslinks?, Chemistry of Materials, 2018.
- Huang, W.C., et al., Ultracompliant Hydrogel‐Based Neural Interfaces Fabricated by Aqueous‐Phase Microtransfer Printing, Advanced Functional Materials, 2018, p.1801059.
- Akbari, S., et al., A versatile microfluidic device for high throughput production of microparticles and cell microencapsulation, Lab on a Chip, 2017.
- Meng, H., et al., Model polymer system for investigating the generation of hydrogen peroxide and its biological responses during the crosslinking of mussel adhesive moiety, Acta Biomaterialia, 2017, 48:144-56.
- Huang, W.C., et al., Ultrasound-Mediated Self-Healing Hydrogels Based on Tunable Metal–Organic Bonding. Biomacromolecules, 2017, 18(4):1162-71.
- Yang, X., et al., Improvement of the in vitro safety profile and cytoprotective efficacy of amifostine against chemotherapy by PEGylation strategy. Biochemical pharmacology, 2016.
- Zoetebier, B., Functional macromolecules and smart polymer networks for ion separation, reduction and delivery, Diss., 2016.
- Cencer, M., et al., Effect of Nitro-Functionalization on the Cross-Linking and Bioadhesion of Biomimetic Adhesive Moiety, Biomacromolecules, 2015, 16 (1), 404-410.
- Paez, J.I., et al., Gauging and Tuning Cross-Linking Kinetics of Catechol-PEG Adhesives via Catecholamine Functionalization, Biomacromolecules, 2015, 16 (12), 3811-3818.
- Cencer, M., et al., Effect of pH on the Rate of Curing and Bioadhesive Properties of Dopamine Functionalized Poly(ethylene glycol) Hydrogels. Biomacromolecules, 2014.
- Santi, D.V., et al., Macromolecular Prodrug That Provides the Irinotecan (CPT-11) Active-Metabolite SN-38 with Ultralong Half-Life, Low Cmax , and Low Glucuronide Formation, Journal of Medicinal Chemistry, 2014, 57(6).
Founded in 2001 by experts in PEG synthesis and PEGylation, JenKem Technology specializes exclusively in the development and manufacturing of high quality polyethylene glycol (PEG) products and derivatives, and related custom synthesis and PEGylation services. JenKem Technology is ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified, and adheres to ICH Q7 guidelines for GMP manufacture. The production of JenKem® PEGs is back-integrated to in-house polymerization from ethylene oxide, enabling facile traceability for regulated customers. JenKem Technology caters to the PEGylation needs of the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and diagnostics, and emerging chemical specialty markets, from laboratory scale through large commercial scale.