PEG products with additional MW may be made to order, please contact us for details
8arm PEG Maleimide (hexaglycerol)
$130.00 – $1,120.00
8arm PEG Maleimide (hexaglycerol) with superior quality specification of > 90% Substitution.
JenKem Technology’s 8arm PEG Maleimide (hexaglycerol) HCl salt derivatives can be crosslinked into PEG hydrogels. PEG hydrogels have a variety of applications in medical devices and regenerative medicine, and are especially of interest for controlled release of drugs, for 2D and 3D cell culture, and for wound sealing and healing. JenKem Technology’s 8 arm PEGs are synthesized by ethoxylation of tripentaerythritol (8ARM PEG(TP)) or hexaglycerol (8ARM PEG). The number of ethylene oxide units in the PEG chain may not be equal for all arms. The total molecular weight reported for the JenKem multi-arm PEGs is the sum of the PEG molecular weights of each arm.
JenKem Technology also provides 8ARM(TP)-PEG hydroxyl raw materials and PEG derivatives with tripentaerythritol core. 8ARM(TP)-PEGs with tripentaerythritol core have a higher purity as evidenced by MALDI compared with the generic 8ARM-PEGs with a hexaglycerin core.
Multi-arm star PEG products with molecular weights, branching, and functional groups not listed in our online catalog may be available by custom synthesis. Please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org about pricing and availability.
Bulk PEGs and GMP PEGs are made-to-order. Please contact us for bulk pricing.
- Brown, T., et al., Design and development of microformulations for rapid release of small molecules and oligonucleotides, European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 188, 2023.
- Zhang H., et al., Reprogramming of Activated Pancreatic Stellate Cells via Mechanical Modulation of Transmembrane Force-sensitive N-cadherin Receptor. Journal of Molecular Biology. 2023; 435(1):167819.
- Zhang, C., et al., Mechanics-driven nuclear localization of YAP can be reversed by N-cadherin ligation in mesenchymal stem cells. Nature Communications. 2021, 12(1):1-3.
- Kuhn, S., et al., Tuning the network charge of biohybrid hydrogel matrices to modulate the release of SDF-1. Biological Chemistry. 2021.
- Ciciriello, AJ, et al., IL‐10 lentivirus‐laden hydrogel tubes increase spinal progenitor survival and neuronal differentiation after spinal cord injury. Biotechnology and Bioengineering. 2021.
- Widener, AE, et al., Guest–host interlinked PEG-MAL granular hydrogels as an engineered cellular microenvironment. Biomaterials Science. 2021, 9(7):2480-93.
- Stock, A.A., et al., Conformal Coating of Stem Cell-Derived Islets for β Cell Replacement in Type 1 Diabetes, Stem Cell Reports, 2020, 14(1), P. 91-104
- Wang, J., et al., Multi-arm PEG-maleimide conjugation intermediate characterization and hydrolysis study by a selective HPLC method, Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, 2019, V. 164, P. 452-459.
- Dumont, C.M., et al., Aligned hydrogel tubes guide regeneration following spinal cord injury, Acta Biomaterialia, 2019.
- Verheyen, C.A. et al., Characterization of Polyethylene Glycol–Reinforced Alginate Microcapsules for Mechanically Stable Cell Immunoisolation, Macromolecular Materials and Engineering, 2019.
- Schweikle, M., et al., Stabilisation of amorphous calcium phosphate in polyethylene glycol hydrogels, Acta Biomaterialia, 2019.
- Buss, C.G., et al., Protease activity sensors noninvasively classify bacterial infections and antibiotic responses, EBioMedicine, 2018, V. 38, P. 248-256.
- Day, J.R., et al., The impact of functional groups of poly(ethylene glycol) macromers on the physical properties of photo-polymerized hydrogels and the local inflammatory response in the host, Acta Biomaterialia, 2018, V. 67, P. 42-52.
- Villa, C., et al., Effects of Composition of Alginate-Polyethylene Glycol Microcapsules and Transplant Site on Encapsulated Islet Graft Outcomes in Mice, Transplantation, 2017, 101(5), 1025-35.
- Darling, N.J., et al., Controlling the kinetics of thiol-maleimide Michael-type addition gelation kinetics for the generation of homogenous poly (ethylene glycol) hydrogels, Biomaterials, 2016.
- Li, Y., et al., Non-Covalent Photo-Patterning of Gelatin Matrices Using Caged Collagen Mimetic Peptides, Macromolecular Bioscience, 2015, 15(1), 52-62.
- Lu, H.D., et al., Injectable shear-thinning hydrogels engineered with a self-assembling Dock-and-Lock mechanism. Biomaterials, 2012, 33(7), p. 2145-2153.
Founded in 2001 by experts in PEG synthesis and PEGylation, JenKem Technology specializes exclusively in the development and manufacturing of high quality polyethylene glycol (PEG) products and derivatives, and related custom synthesis and PEGylation services. JenKem Technology is ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified, and adheres to ICH Q7A guidelines for GMP manufacture. The production of JenKem® PEGs is back-integrated to in-house polymerization from ethylene oxide, enabling facile traceability for regulated customers. JenKem Technology caters to the PEGylation needs of the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and diagnostics, and emerging chemical specialty markets, from laboratory scale through large commercial scale.