PEG products with additional MW may be made to order, please contact us for details
8arm PEG Acetic Acid (hexaglycerol)
$100.00 – $880.00
8arm PEG Acetic Acid (hexaglycerol) reagent with superior quality specification of ≥ 95% Substitution.
JenKem Technology’s 8arm PEG Acetic Acid (hexaglycerol) HCl salt derivatives can be crosslinked into PEG hydrogels. PEG hydrogels have a variety of applications in medical devices and regenerative medicine, and are especially of interest for controlled release of drugs, for 2D and 3D cell culture, and for wound sealing and healing. JenKem Technology’s 8 arm PEGs are synthesized by ethoxylation of tripentaerythritol (8ARM PEG(TP)) or hexaglycerol (8ARM PEG). The number of ethylene oxide units in the PEG chain may not be equal for all arms. The total molecular weight reported for the JenKem multi-arm PEGs is the sum of the PEG molecular weights of each arm.
JenKem Technology also provides 8ARM(TP)-PEG hydroxyl raw materials and PEG derivatives with tripentaerythritol core. 8ARM(TP)-PEGs with tripentaerythritol core have a higher purity as evidenced by MALDI compared with the generic 8ARM-PEGs with a hexaglycerin core.
Multi-arm star PEG products with molecular weights, branching, and functional groups not listed in our online catalog may be available by custom synthesis. Please inquire at email@example.com about pricing and availability.
Bulk PEGs and GMP grade PEGs are made-to-order. Please contact us for bulk pricing.
1. Li, C., et al., An efficient prodrug-based nanoscale delivery platform constructed by water soluble eight-arm-polyethylene glycol-diosgenin conjugate, Materials Science and Engineering: C, 2019, 98, 153-60.
2. Dai, L., et al., Injectable and thermosensitive supramolecular hydrogels by inclusion complexation between binary-drug loaded micelles and α-cyclodextrin, Materials Science and Engineering: C, 2017.
3. Maisonneuve, B. G. C., et al., Effects of Synthetic Biomacromolecule Addition on the Flow Behavior of Concentrated Mesenchymal Cell Suspensions, Biomacromolecules, 2015, 16(1), 275-283.
4. Liu, Ke-Feng, et al., Design, synthesis and in vivo antitumor efficacy of novel eight-arm-polyethylene glycol–pterostilbene prodrugs, RSC Adv., 2015, 5, 51592-51599.
5. Dai, L., et al., Novel Multiarm Polyethylene glycol-Dihydroartemisinin Conjugates Enhancing Therapeutic Efficacy in Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer. Sci. Rep., 2014, 4.
6. Rica, R., et al., Nanoparticle Growth via Concentration Gradients Generated by Enzyme Nanopatterns. Adv. Funct. Mater., 2014, 24: 3692–3698.
Note: Starting July 2016, 8arm PEG Acetic Acid (hexaglycerol) is the new name of the product 8arm PEG Carboxyl (hexaglycerol) (MW 10000 (8ARM-COOH-10K), MW 20000 (8ARM-COOH-20K) and MW 40000 (8ARM-COOH-40K)). JenKem Technology has revised the name of the product to better reflect the chemical structure, as many other PEG derivatives with a COOH group are offered in the 2016 JenKem USA catalog.
Founded in 2001 by experts in PEG synthesis and PEGylation, JenKem Technology specializes exclusively in the development and manufacturing of high quality polyethylene glycol (PEG) products and derivatives, and related custom synthesis and PEGylation services. JenKem Technology is ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified, and adheres to ICH Q7A guidelines for GMP manufacture. The production of JenKem® PEGs is back-integrated to in-house polymerization from ethylene oxide, enabling facile traceability for regulated customers. JenKem Technology caters to the PEGylation needs of the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and diagnostics, and emerging chemical specialty markets, from laboratory scale through large commercial scale.