PEG products with additional MW may be made to order, please contact us for details
8arm PEG Norbornene (tripentaerythritol)
$150.00 – $1,200.00
8arm PEG Norbornene (tripentaerythritol) reagent with high quality specification of > 85% Substitution.
JenKem Technology’s 8arm PEG Norbornene (tripentaerythritol) derivatives with hydrolytically degradable ester linkage can be crosslinked into PEG hydrogels. Norbornene PEGs are suitable for copper-free click chemistry reactions with tetrazines and for thiol-ene (thiolene) click reactions with thiols. PEG hydrogels have a variety of applications in medical devices and regenerative medicine, and are especially of interest for controlled release of drugs, for 2D and 3D cell culture, and for wound sealing and healing. Norbornene (NB) facilitates click chemistry reactions with thiols and tetrazines. JenKem Technology’s 8 arm (TP) PEGs are synthesized by ethoxylation of tripentaerythritol. 8ARM(TP)-PEG polymers with tripentaerythritol core have a higher purity as evidenced by MALDI compared with the generic 8ARM-PEG polymers with a hexaglycerin core.
The number of ethylene oxide units in the PEG chain may not be equal for all arms. The total molecular weight reported for the JenKem multi-arm PEGs is the sum of the PEG molecular weights of each arm. Multi-arm star PEG products with molecular weights, branching, and functional groups not listed in our online catalog may be available by custom synthesis. Please inquire at email@example.com about pricing and availability.
Bulk PEGs and GMP grade PEGs are made-to-order. Please contact us for bulk pricing.
1. Dietrich, M., et al., Guiding 3D cell migration in deformed synthetic hydrogel microstructures, Soft matter, 2018, 14(15), pp.2816-2826.
2. Shukla, V., et al., Cellular Mechanics of Primary Human Cervical Fibroblasts: Influence of Progesterone and a Pro-inflammatory Cytokine, Annals of biomedical engineering, 2018, 46(1), pp.197-207.
3. Dorsey, T.B., et al., Evaluation of photochemistry reaction kinetics to pattern bioactive proteins on hydrogels for biological applications, Bioactive Materials, 2017.
4. Zhang, J., et al., A Genome-wide Analysis of Human Pluripotent Stem Cell-Derived Endothelial Cells in 2D or 3D Culture, Stem Cell Reports, 2017, 8:4, p. 907-918.
5. Holmes, R., et al., Thiol-ene photo-click collagen-PEG hydrogels: impact of water-soluble photoinitiators on cell viability, gelation kinetics and rheological properties, Polymers, 2017, 9(6):226.
6. Valdez, J., et al., On-demand dissolution of modular, synthetic extracellular matrix reveals local epithelial-stromal communication networks, Biomaterials, 2017, v. 130, p. 90-103.
7. Regier, M.C., et al., The Influence of Biomaterials on Cytokine Production in 3D Cultures. Biomacromolecules. 2017, 18(3):709-18.
8. Zanotelli, M.R., et al., Stable engineered vascular networks from human induced pluripotent stem cell-derived endothelial cells cultured in synthetic hydrogels, Acta biomaterialia, 2016.
9. Darling, N.J., et al., Thiol-Maleimide Reaction Speed Effects on Hydrogel Homogeneity, Biomaterials, 2015.
10. Le, N.N.T., et al., Hydrogel arrays formed via differential wettability patterning enable combinatorial screening of stem cell behavior, Acta Biomaterialia, 2015.
11. Pellett, S., et al., Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Derived Neuronal Cells Cultured on Chemically-Defined Hydrogels for Sensitive In Vitro Detection of Botulinum Neurotoxin, Scientific Reports, 2015, 5:14566.
Founded in 2001 by experts in PEG synthesis and PEGylation, JenKem Technology specializes exclusively in the development and manufacturing of high quality polyethylene glycol (PEG) products and derivatives, and related custom synthesis and PEGylation services. JenKem Technology is ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified, and adheres to ICH Q7A guidelines for GMP manufacture. The production of JenKem® PEGs is back-integrated to in-house polymerization from ethylene oxide, enabling facile traceability for regulated customers. JenKem Technology caters to the PEGylation needs of the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and diagnostics, and emerging chemical specialty markets, from laboratory scale through large commercial scale.