8arm PEG Amine (tripentaerythritol), HCl Salt, reagent with superior quality specification of ≥ 95% Substitution.
JenKem Technology’s 8arm PEG Amine (tripentaerythritol) HCl salt derivatives can be crosslinked into PEG hydrogels. 8ARM(TP)-PEGs with tripentaerythritol core have a higher purity as evidenced by MALDI compared with the generic 8ARM-PEGs with a hexaglycerin core. PEG hydrogels have a variety of applications in medical devices and regenerative medicine, and are especially of interest for controlled release of drugs, for 2D and 3D cell culture, and for wound sealing and healing. JenKem Technology’s 8 arm (TP) PEGs are synthesized by ethoxylation of tripentaerythritol (8ARM PEG(TP)).
The number of ethylene oxide units in the PEG chain may not be equal for all arms. The total molecular weight reported for the JenKem multi-arm PEGs is the sum of the molecular weights of all arms. Multi-arm star PEG products with molecular weights, branching, and functional groups not listed in our online catalog may be available by custom synthesis. Please inquire at email@example.com about pricing and availability. Bulk PEGs and GMP PEGs are available upon request. Please contact us for special bulk pricing.
1. Kwong, G.A., et al., Mathematical framework for activity-based cancer biomarkers, PNAS, 2015, 12627–12632.
2. Frith, J.E., et al., Effects of bound versus soluble pentosan polysulphate in PEG/HA-based hydrogels tailored for intervertebral disc regeneration. Biomaterials, 2014. 35(4): p. 1150-1162.
3. , G.W., et al., Hydrogel drug delivery system with predictable and tunable drug release and degradation rates, PNAS, 2013, 110(6) 2318-2323.
4. Menzies, D.J., et al., Tailorable Cell Culture Platforms from Enzymatically Cross-Linked Multifunctional Poly(ethylene glycol)-Based Hydrogels, Biomacromolecules 2013, 14(2) p: 413–423.
5. Frith, J.E., et al., An injectable hydrogel incorporating mesenchymal precursor cells and pentosan polysulphate for intervertebral disc regeneration, Biomaterials, 34(37) 2013, p. 9430-9440, Keywords: Mesenchymal progenitor cell; Hydrogel; Nucleus pulposus; Pentosan polysulphate; Fibrocartilage.
Note: Starting July 2016, 8ARM(TP)-NH2HCl is the new name of the product 8ARM(TP)-NH2 (MW 10K (8ARM(TP)-NH2-10K), MW 20K (8ARM(TP)-NH2-20K) and MW 40K (8ARM(TP)-NH2-40K)).
Founded in 2001 by recognized experts in PEG synthesis and PEGylation, JenKem Technology specializes exclusively in the development and manufacturing of high quality polyethylene glycol (PEG) products and derivatives, and related custom synthesis and PEGylation services. JenKem Technology is ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified, and adheres to ICH Q7A guidelines for GMP manufacture. The production of JenKem® PEGs is back-integrated to on-site manufacturing from ethylene oxide, enabling facile traceability for GMP regulated customers. JenKem Technology caters to the PEGylation needs of the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and diagnostics, and emerging chemical specialty markets, from laboratory scale through large commercial scale.