JenKem Technology provides high quality activated Y-shaped branched polyethylene glycol derivatives (PEGs) with high purity and low polydispersity.
JenKem Technology’s patented products, “Y-shaped PEG” derivatives, also known as branched PEG derivatives, contain two linear methoxy PEG chains attached to a central active core. The sterically bulky structure of these “Y-shaped” PEG derivatives facilitates the single point attachment of a molecule.
JenKem Technology provides branched PEG derivatives for amine pegylation (Y-NHS-40K), thiol pegylation (Y-MAL-40K), and N-terminal PEGylation (Y-AALD-40K and Y-PALD-40K) . JenKem’s “Y-shaped PEG” derivatives are chemically purified during synthesis and are essentially free of activated bifunctional PEG side products.
JenKem Technology Y-Shaped PEGs with molecular weights and functional groups not listed in our online catalog, may be available by custom synthesis. Please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org about pricing and availability.ORDER ONLINE
|PEG PRODUCT||SUBSTITUTION||REACTIVITY DETAILS|
|Y-NHS-40K||≥95%||Y-shaped NHS PEG ester. Reactive PEG for the amino group of lysine(s), or N-terminal amine ; reaction completed in ≤1hr at pH 7-8|
|Y-COOH-40K||≥95%||Y-shaped Carboxyl PEG suitable for amine PEGylation|
|Y-MAL-40K||≥95%||Y-shaped Maleimide PEG. Thiol reactive PEG [3, 4] ; reacts at pH 5.0-6.5|
|Y-AALD-40K||≥95%||Y-shaped Acetaldehyde PEG. N-terminal amine reactive PEG in the presence of a reducing reagent; less reactive but more selective compared to linear PEG aldehydes; reacts at pH 5-8|
|Y-PALD-40K||≥95%||Y-shaped Propion Aldehyde PEG. Reactive PEG for N-terminal amine in the presence of a reducing reagent; less selective but more reactive compared with Y-AALD-40K; reacts at pH 5-8|
|Y-NH2-40K||≥95%||Y-shaped Amine PEG, more reactive towards acylating agents than the hydroxyl group; readily undergoes reductive amination reactions |
|Y-FITC-40K||≥90%||Y-shape Fluorescein PEG, suitable for fluorescence monitoring of the PEGylation reaction with Y-shaped PEGs|
|Y-ALKYNE-40K||≥95%||Y-shaped Alkyne PEG is a convenient click PEG reagent for reaction with azide groups|
- Hutanu, D., et al., Recent Applications of Polyethylene Glycols (PEGs) and PEG Derivatives. Mod Chem appl 2014. 2(132).
- Ashokan, A., et al., Multifunctional calcium phosphate nano-contrast agent for combined nuclear, magnetic and near-infrared in vivo imaging. Biomaterials, 2013. 34(29): p. 7143-7157.
- Park, J.-B., et al., PEGylation of bacterial cocaine esterase for protection against protease digestion and immunogenicity. Journal of Controlled Release, 2010. 142(2): p. 174-179.
- Resch, G., P. Moreillon, and V.A. Fischetti, PEGylating a bacteriophage endolysin inhibits its bactericidal activity. AMB Express, 2011. 1(29): p. 1-5.
- Hoehlig, K., et al., A novel C5a-neutralizing mirror-image (l-)aptamer prevents organ failure and improves survival in experimental sepsis. Mol Ther, 2013. 21(12): p. 2236-46.
Founded in 2001 by recognized experts in PEG synthesis and PEGylation, JenKem Technology specializes exclusively in the development and manufacturing of high quality polyethylene glycol (PEG) products and derivatives, and related custom synthesis and PEGylation services. JenKem Technology is ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified, and adheres to ICH Q7A guidelines for GMP manufacture. The production of JenKem® PEGs is back-integrated to on-site manufacturing from ethylene oxide, enabling facile traceability for GMP regulated customers. JenKem Technology caters to the PEGylation needs of the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and diagnostics, and emerging chemical specialty markets, from laboratory scale through large commercial scale.